NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand

Latest Forum Posts

Community Statistics

• Total Users: 238
  • Latest Member: Broune
  • Total Posts: 291
  • Total Topics: 139
  • Total Sections: 2
  • Total Categories: 9
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 0
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CloneApp - German Language file

CloneApp - German Language file 2 years 2 months ago #807

• Belim
  • Administrator
  • You can win, you can lose. But you gotta choose.
  • Thank you received: 14
Das offizielle Sprachfile könnt Ihr direkt hier oder auf Paules-PC-Forum.de herunterladen

Direkter Download:

File Attachment:

File Name: cloneapp.l...e_de.zip
File Size:2 KB
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Belim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CloneApp - German Language file 2 years 2 months ago #808

• Sputnik55
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Belim !

Thank you very much for this new Forum's category dedicated to the languages files and I wish that many users will contribute to the project by providing such files in their native language.

My mother tongue is french, so I am working on a french language file which is almost completed. My translation will not be a word by word translation, but a translation which will be respectful to the spirit and not to the word.

Before I send my file to the forum, I have some questions and some remarks to make.

1-In the "UI > Top Controls" section of your german language file we see this item :

lblIsUserAnAdmin=Administratorprivilegien sind für ein vollständigeres Backup nötig. Bitte CloneApp als Administrator neustarten.

Could you tell me where I may see this item on the screen of CloneApp because I don't see it anywhere.

2-In the "Clone" section of CloneApp, after we have restored a previously cloned item, the button on which we first read "Restore" change for "Clone again". I would like to know the exact reason why you have done this : is that in order to clone again the exact same thing that you have just cloned or in order to reset the whole process or for any other reason ? That would help me in order to know exactly how I will translate this.

3-Still in the "Clone" section, when the cloning is completed the "Start CloneApp" button is changed for "Save Log" and beside this button we may read "Backing up process completed.". There is no option in your language file to translate this item : could you please add it if it's possible ?

4-Same thing as my #3 : after the restoration process is completed we may read "Restore process completed.". Could you also add an option in your language file so to be able to translate this ?

5-Same as #3 and #4 : after you clone or restore the "Start CloneApp" button is changed for "Save Log". If you click on that button you will read "Exporting log to... <OK>" beside it. Nothing appears in your language file to let us translate this item.

6-Same as previous : when we click on the "What is being backed up?" button we will see "Preview Mode completed." appearing beside the "Start CloneApp" button. Could you also add an option to your language file for this item ?

7-In the "Clone Tab" section of your language file there is this item :

lblPlugsSelectProgress=Erkennung ...

Could you tell me where and how I may see this item in order to translate it correctly ?

8-In the "Custom tab" section of your language file there is an "lblHeaderCustomCommand=" item : could you tell me what exactly the letters "CLI" refers to, I really dont see what it is and it would help me to translate this item a little bit better.

9-In the "Options tab" of your german language file there is an item missing which could help in translating the word "Desktop". I have made a test with "lblClonePathDesktopDir=" and it works correctly : could you add this item in your german language file ?

10-In your language file, at the end, we see this :

[frmCLI]
lblHeaderCLI=CloneApp - Kommandozeilenparameter
lblCLI=Aktiver flag

Could you tell me where and how I may see these items in CloneApp in order to translate these correctly ?

That's all I can see for the moment. If you could first answer these questions, I may complete my translation which is almost complete and I will be able to make a last full check of it.

Thank you very much,
Sputnik55

CloneApp - German Language file 2 years 2 months ago #809

• Belim
  • Administrator
  • You can win, you can lose. But you gotta choose.
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Sputnik,

thanks for the ongoing Support :)

I would recommend you, using the English language file sample It would be surely easier for you, instead of using the German file :P

1. You don't see it, because you are surely Administrator on your Machine. This Label is only showed, when NOT running CloneApp with Administratorprivileges.

2. Yes, it is for reseting purposes, so the controls are in the intial Point and you can Start a new Backup process.

3 + 4 + 5 + 6. I've decided ONLY to translate visible UI Controls. The Output "Backing up process completed." is a part of the Status,- Log window. These parts are currently hard coded an canNOT be translated. Every other Control is varibale and coud be translated during runtime, without having compiled CloneApp again. I think having a uniform Log Output in one language is better.

7. Please use the English Language file sample :)

8. CLI stands for Command-line interface. It allows CloneApp to execute commands and also to be runned in command-line mode.
You can read more about this feature in the CloneApp Documentation, chapter 5.4

9. You're right. It could add this :) I thought Desktop is uniform in every language.

10. [frmCLI] is another form, which is ONLY visible if running CloneApp with silent command-line modes. You can read more about this feature in the CloneApp Documentation, chapter 5.4

I hope you understand my point of view, especially the ones in 3 - 6

Best regards from Germany Sputnik :) Didn't know you are frenchman :)

Belim
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Belim.

CloneApp - German Language file 2 years 2 months ago #811

• Sputnik55
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Belim !

Thank you for your fast answer.

Yes, it would have been easier to work with the English language file sample to do the french translation, but I thought that the basic language file you intended to supply for everybody's use was the german one, as you live in Germany. So I have done the whole french translation based on this german file with the help of the Google Translation Tool and also by checking the basic screens of CloneApp. When I sent my first comment, my intention was to suggest to you to supply an english sample file as I know it would be easier for almost anybody because the english language is a more common language, but I forgot to tell it as there were so many things to talk about.

Now let's review all the different items we have been talking about :

1-I should have realized it. Sometimes, when you're too concentrated on something, you just don't see anything else...

2-OK. Now, if the purpose if for a reseting question, wouldn't it be a good thing to do these 2 important things after clicking on the "Clone Again" button :
a) Uncheck all the modules in the left section of the window.
b) Suppress everything in the "Backup" and in the "Data" folders, except the language file in this latter folder, so that the user will only get the backups from the very last cloning operation.

3@6-I understand the issue and respect your point of view.

7-Checked.

8-I understood it a couple of minutes after I sent my first comment.

9-I will include it in the french language file I am about to sent to the forum. But it would be a good thing to add it to the english sample file so that everybody will have the opportunity to translate it to its own language if it is needed, as the english sample file is the basic file from which the vast majority of translations will be done.

10-OK.

Now, when comparing the german and english files, we will see the following in the "Options tab" section :

German :
lbl7zCompression=7z Komprimierung
lbl7zCompression1=7z Komprimierung aktivieren

English :
lbl7zCompression1=7z Compression
lbl7zCompression1=Enable 7z Compression

If you take care you will note that the first item, in the german file is "lbl7zCompression" and in the english file it is "lbl7zCompression1". Is there an error somewhere ? If yes, is it in the german file or in the english file ?

Waiting for your answer on this last issue before sending my french translation file.

Finally, yes, my mother tongue is really french, but as I live in Montreal, Quebec, even if french is the official language in this canadian province, we have here a relative important english minority and it is very handful to know the english language. I know that the situation is not the same in France, where the people will tend to learn german, spanish or italian (maybe) before learning the english.

Thank you very much,
Sputnik
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Sputnik55.

CloneApp - German Language file 2 years 2 months ago #812

• Sputnik55
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Belim !

Finally I have found the answer about the question I had concerning the issue in the "Options tab" section : the error is in the english file and not in the german one. So we must read this :

lbl7zCompression=...
lbl7zCompression1=...

Now, I have 3 new comments about very specific questions :

1-Concerning the item #2 of my previous posts.

After much thinking about the "Restore" button which changes for "Clone Again" after the restoration is done, I have came to these conclusions.

The user may need to reset CloneApp at least in 3 different conditions :

A- After he did a backup in the "Clone" tab and he wishes to do a new one because what he did the first time was not good to his own taste.

B- After he did a backup in the "Custom" tab, for the same reason as the previous one.

C- After he did the restoration, or anything else, and wants to fully reset CloneApp.

So we would need 3 "Reset" buttons, one for each previous conditions and these buttons would preferably be separate buttons not included in the "Restore" button.

It would be good to have a "Reset" button just to the right of the "Start CloneApp" button of the "Clone" tab and also one at the right of the "Start Backup" button of the "Custom" tab, so that the user may cancel any previous backup in any of these 2 different tabs.

The third "Reset" button, which would fully reset CloneApp could be placed at the place of the "night mode/day mode" button and this late one may be placed at the left of the new "Reset" button.

2-The font of the "Start CloneApp" button is a little bit darkened when no plugin is still selected for the backup.

The font of the "Reset" buttons should also be darkened when there is nothing to reset. The same thing should apply to the "Restore" button when there is nothing to restore and also to the "Start Backup" button of the "Custom" tab.

3-Finally, I think that it would be very informative to the user if you would be able to change the color of the icon (and of the font of the title if possible) of the tab we're in. Light blue as the one you use for your CloneApp icon should be adequate or any other color of your choice.

Thank you very much,
Sputnik
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Sputnik55.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Top 5 Visitors:
United States flag 38%Unit... (494)
Russia flag 14%Russ... (184)
Europe flag 8%Euro... (109)
United Kingdom flag 7%Unit... (89)
Japan flag 3%Japan (45)
1287 visits from 61 countries

Statistics

The Mirinsoft Download Section contains currently 137 Resources. To date, these have been downloaded 1472673 times.
Protected by Spam Fighter